Monday, April 21, 2008

rat a tat tat

so I'm just going to put it out there. I got a tattoo.

Okay, so maybe I got two.

I need input here. Or maybe I should have asked for some before I got these suckers, but what can I say. It was more of a spur of the moment kind of situation. So one is on the inside of my wrist. It says: la paix a jamais...

It's actually really pretty. It was a bit pricey, but damn, it looks pretty awesome. It could be an easy conversation-starter. At the beach, I reckon. Or at a nude beach. Or maybe at one of those Girls Gone Wild parties. But, honestly, who would go to those? Don't answer that.

The other tat I got is a small picture of a paper plane. It's just chillin', just flyin'. I fly like paper, get high like planes. Don't judge the location of the tattoo though. It's on my lower back. The area of the tramp stamps. Well, never mind. I guess you could judge if you wanted to. Maybe make a joke or two about how it'll fly into my buttcrack. I don't care. It symbolizes the freedom that any individual has in life. And it's a
paper plane so I could make a rebuttal about how I'm a firm believer in recycling and saving the world. But then again, it could also mean that I use paper for silly things like making planes. Or wasting it.

Whatever. What's done is done. I think they look radical.

I wonder if that's what I would think if I actually got them. Dreams shake things up a bit.

1 comment:

Jac said...

WOW MARISSA! IMPRESSIVE. i think you need to share this story with debs, cuz she wants to get one too...at least i think that's what she told me.

gosh it's been so long since we've seen each other, hope we can all get together in the summer!