Tuesday, December 16, 2008

the tenth letter

i have to tell you the truth, I can't believe it's been so long since I've read one of those heartfelt letters. I didn't really know what to expect. But after shedding a few years and laughing a few hearty cachinnation or guffaws (WHOA), I have to say, that was probably the best birthday present. THE best. I can't even begin to explain how it made me feel. Thank you so much.

Thank you to those who came out to my birthday dinner and those who wished me a happy birthday, whether it be from the many facebook comments I got or the quick texts at midnight. I appreciate it. I'm pretty darn lucky to have the lot of you in my life. I spent most of my night responding back individually to your facebook comments. I am a damn lucky girl.

A few specific shout-outs to:
Bailey and her new husband: I was ecstatic to hear you guys were coming. I wanted to hear all about the wedding. I'm happy that I got to sit next to you and catch up because we honestly haven't really done that. Well, maybe when we ate pizza in Karl's car that one night we went to see TMTMP play at the teen center. But you're so grown up now, and I'm glad that you're happy. Thank you for the ... surprising ... present. LOL. I honestly will put it to good use. It will be my guide. Maybe for my 21st, you could get me the actual thing so I could practice and play. LOL.

Bowie: Ooh la la, thank you for all those Victoria's Secret necessities. Karl likes them...a latte.

Karl: I think everything about yesterday was pretty special. Everything between us. I'm so glad to have you as a boyfriend. I think we can withstand anything together. =) Your present was simple and non-materialistic, and I think that why it meant so much more to me. I love you more than words could say...

Jasmine: Thank you for the present! I told Karl I was going to use it to buy Britney Spears' new album and he gave me the "-___-" look. LOL. Yeah, I'll put it to better use. =)

My birthday dinner attendees: I appreciate every single one of your presences. You made my birthday that much more memorable.

Next year will be the big one...or should I say, the big TWO-one...

Until then, thank you everyone. Awesome birthday overall.

No comments: