Tuesday, October 21, 2008

hiccups

i'm a big fan of plaine and simple, nice stories. I was home a few weekends ago and I couldn't help but smile at this one story my mother told me: My aunt and uncle went to the Philippines a while ago to visit my grandfather (who, by the way, is a completely awesome fisherman for being someone in his 90s) and my other cousins/uncles/aunts. My grandmother died when I was super young so I don't really recall her as much as I would love to. But I heard she was amazing. Or should I say perfect. Moving onward though, my aunt and uncle decided to visit her grave and upon reaching it, realized that it was so dirty, weeds sprouting out in different directions, just completely unkempt. Here's what I hated most: when they said that all the other gravestones around her were clean and maintained. It hurt my feelings just knowing that no one was coming to visit her; I'd probably be visiting her frequently if I lived over there. So a man comes up to them at the cemetery and tells them that he is the one who keeps all of the other graves clean and up to standards. He offered to help out the grave's upkeep for 100 pesos (which is about $2.25) a month. A MONTH! So my uncle (this really hit the spot) gave him 2400 pesos. That's TWO years of maintenance. And that's not all...my uncle gives him another 500 pesos so that he could buy milk for his children. WTF?! Although monetary assistance might be a little materialistic in some terms, but this, my friends, was one of the greatest gifts of all. I'm pretty proud to have an uncle who doesn't mind shelling out bucks to help out. Pride.

Is it weird for me to enjoy Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team 3? It's really interesting. The girls are so damn beautiful. There was this one episode where the training camp consisted of measuring their body fat. It wasn't a weighing scale but this huge tub of water where they had to sit in this chair underwater and exhale all the oxygen they could. These kids had 12-15% body fat. I probably have 60%. And they would totally bash these girls for having 24% body fat because "the uniforms are unforgiving." -____-

I finally turned in job applications at three different locations. C'mon, one of them has to want me, need me. =) Either of them would be totally awesome. Clothes, designer jeans, and sushi? I'm there.

I also recently bought an old school camera. The only problem is finding the film to go with it. Yes, film. Never heard of it? Oh, it goes way back in the day. Those damn spools are really difficult to search for. Sigh. Someone help me find some. I'll take my first picture with it of you. Hah.

I typed this while I had hiccups, mother fuckers. Out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mariz!
hi.

i have a holga!
http://www.lomography.com/holga/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1O1QcowaRw

we should take pictures :]

if you can't find film, buy it off of ebay. tis what i do :]