Thursday, December 27, 2007

fork in the road

as much as I want to go back to high school, I can't. Reality hasn't truly hit me until now. High school seems so long ago. I wanted to get stuck in that vortex forever or for as long as I possibly could. But...it seems now, life has called out to me. Future has tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to realize I am standing face-to-face with it. My past trails behind me like a shadow in daytime and disappears in the midst of night. When the moon rises and smiles down upon me, I take the time to think...I'm on my own now.

Pictures of high school, of junior high, of elementary, of kindergarten--they all float by me in slow-motion. Smiles, silent laughter, bonds of friendship, surprises, people frozen in moments of time; all in photographs that I choose to keep to show others how much I've grown and made myself who I am today. My skin thickens with every year that passes because I've learned from my mistakes and have become stronger along the way. High school is over. The past is over.

I need a hand to hold. I need a shoulder to cry on. I need guidance. I need a breath of fresh air. I need God.

It has hit me at the force of the speed of light. And all I can do now is take it with determined eyes.

No comments: