Sunday, March 2, 2008

a melrose stroll

alright, it's official. I live in a very, and by very I mean VERY, materialistic world that unbeknownst to me, actually does exist.

It's true, I shop quite a bit. It's fact that girls shop a lot. I can testify to that in court, brother. But I'm not sure if it's just me, but I think it's super weird to know that boys, maybe a selected few, do the same. Perhaps even more than girls.

Okay, so I'm not exactly a millionaire and spend gazillions of benjamins toward things that I may already have excess of. Yesterday, I found out that I'm actually a frugal girl. A frugal person. A stroll down Melrose Avenue and other backstreets slapped me in the face with that epiphany.

Melrose Avenue is steez heaven. And the Lord knows how much I 'dislike' (to tone it down) steez. I was stuck with two guys who would not shut the hell up about what they wore, shoes, and brands that I've never even heard of. We went in stores called Undefeated and The Hundreds, and honestly, I'm not quite sure how much I want to go shop for shoes anymore. I am beyond traumatized by the places we went--covered in steez paraphernalia. Not to mention the prices. I don't understand how guys could spend that much on silly things that could possibly rip, tear, get horribly dirty, fall apart, and not have a 'satisfaction guaranteed' tag on it. I'd want a freaking side of warranty to go with that plate of ridiculously overpriced shirt. I mean, seriously. Who would possibly want to buy shoes over the price of $60? Maybe even less?! Shoes are things that go on your stinky ass FEET (of all places) and then are dragged across the dirty, parasite-infested ground. So tell me, I'd really like to know, why anyone, and I mean ANYone, would want to purchase $2000 shoes, along with $4800 shoelaces. It boggles my mind, it truly does.

That, my friends, is just too much. TOO MUCH!

Now, if you were that millionaire that I was talking about in the beginning of this blog, then...you're off the hook. I get it. You'd spend the abundance of money on silly things like those stated above. Go get yourself some grills. Apparently, the lot of you like to lick diamonds on your teeth whenever you feel like it; maybe to just remember how big of a high-roller you are. Well done. Everyone's doing it nowadays.

No comments: