Friday, March 28, 2008

shattered curfew

when I got home this past weekend, I was pretty bummed to tell you the truth. My freedom has been restricted my entire life under my family's roof and I wasn't so keen on returning to that lifestyle. After a few days of lame do-nothing days, I was psyched to get away from it all with work. Coming back was such a breath of fresh air. I needed to escape in more ways than one. First day back on the job, ten dollar tip, baby. I'm tellin' ya, it's my dazzling smile that hooks all the customers. Hah.

But I must tell you, things actually did change. My curfew was about ten o'clock in high school, and most of my first year of college (that's when I actually did come home for either winter break and random weekends). But lately, the past few days have been completely and utterly mind-boggling. I've stayed out until 1:30 in the morning (I know, shocker!) and I could actually get away with it!

I think they finally recognize that I'm growing up and that I'm an actual legal citizen of the world and I don't need curfews. They can't keep me down for so long. And that's a good thing...because the next step would be to tell them about a secret someone in my life. Haha.

1 comment:

jasmine said...

i feel ya sista :)
but the same thing happened to me haha, my parents lifted my curfew... somewhat, and i have more freedom :D