Monday, July 28, 2008

a case of the mondays

ugh, I can already tell this week is going to be a total drag. Okay, maybe not the entire week, but the first half. It'll all be fine on Wednesday after 1 in the afternoon. So far, biology in the summer has been nothing short of a way too intense rollercoaster ride. Sitting in that lecture hall for 2 hours straight can drive a girl mad. Well, two girls and three boys. And maybe the rest of the 350 college students about to slam their heads against the desks and scream 'til their hearts' desire. I'll be relieving myself by going to Chick's Sporting Goods and purchasing the fashionable statement that Reg Thrillaveza wore at that one party a few days ago. You pulled it off good, homeskillet. I wonder how many I should get.

As for the employment aspect of my life, in general, I have a job and maybe, just maybe, I can get one more. So I'm waiting until that one phone call comes asking to express my views on why I would like to be a part of your company, what kind of things with benefit me if I worked there, what my flaws are, and what would make me such a great employee. Ah, the usual. But whatever, a job's a job. Tomato, tomato. Oh wait, that didn't really work if you were reading this. Say it out loud.

It's pretty awesome how a single phone call and just hearing someone's voice can brighten up one's day. Children's laughter and their innocence and their silly questions.

Jonah: Tell Tita Marissa I'm sweaty.
Karl: You tell her.
J: I'm so sweaty, Tita Marissa.
M: Haha, go take a bath.
J: Why?
M: Because you're sweaty!
J: But it's dark outside!

Joshua: Gobble, gobble, gobble!

M&K: Sing Caillou, Jonah.
Jonah: Caillou! That's me! That's me! That's me!

Joshua: Tita Marissa, who's at your house right now?
Me: My family.
J: Can I talk to your family?
M: You want to talk to my family?
J: Yeah.
M: Why?
J: Because I love them.

My heart nearly melted when he said that. Sigh, those boys. I really do love them, because they alone are so full of love themselves.

Our musical project finally has a name. It was between Promising Actress and Up and Coming Monarchs. We flipped a coin. PA = heads. UACM = tails. FLIP! The suspense is heightened...plus, Dave Trautz said he was down to come and work with us. The more talent, the more awesome this project will be. Now...where are those lyrics, Marissa? What's in your soul?

I can finally blast my iPod in my car with the assistance of my brand spankin' new adapter. It's about time. Now I can be one of those obnoxious people who turn up to max volume, windows down, sunglasses-clad, bump their bass, and lean like there's no tomorrow. =/ Maybe not, but I can be happy in my own little Acura world with my beige interior. Windows up, please. I don't feel like sharing my musical happiness with the rest of the world. I'd only do that with...

Oh, and it was tails.

No comments: