Friday, January 25, 2008

life lesson #264

okay, I understand that no one wants to hear about my love life or my romantic interests, but I would just like to divulge on what I realized this week. Yes, relationships aren't perfect--they aren't full of lovey dovey activities like looking longingly into each other's eyes for days or having picnics in the park or having stars named after you or fancy shmancy dinners at ostentatious restaurants. I grew up watching romantic comedies all my life and I can tell you now, boy, those were just silly stories I could hear at bedtime by my mother. It's tough, what can I say. But even for those miniscule moments when time somehow stops just for you and him, the moments that just scream "this is real," the moments when holding hands seems to be the smallest yet most perfect thing, the moments that can come and go in 2 seconds--it's all worth it. I've learned quite a bit about myself within the past year that I have never come into contact with in my entire life until now. At first, all I wanted to do was please, y'know, be the perfect girlfriend, the epitome of magnificentness. But from that perspective, I had to be analytical (for Bowie) about what moves I made and what things I'd say. However, that's not the way to go. Thus:

Life Lesson #264: Succumb to spontaneity whenever possible.

No more thinking. Just do. There's no time to stop and tie your shoe; it's time to keep running and trip on your shoelace and learn that life isn't about speculating, it's about taking it head on, chest out. I've learned not to be jealous. I still may have a hint of those qualities, but c'mon, seriously, no girl can help it. But I've learned not to make trivial things into such a colossal deal. All I know is that he takes care of me and he tells me the truth, whatever is on his mind. And y'know what, I accept that. I am content. I am satisfied. I am blissful. I am captivated.

I am blessed.
Shut up.
You are too.
=)

No comments: