Sunday, January 13, 2008

revitalizing weekend

this past weekend has got to be the best weekend I've had in a while. Not only did I get to spend it with people who have supported me through my harder times, but I got to be rejuvenated in spirit and soul. Indeed.

Friday proved to be one of those girls' night out kinda deal. Deciding what to do with the rest of the night was somewhat of an adventure in itself. Baking turned out to be numero uno on the list of things to do. Chocolate chips and bananas, that's all we wanted. Off to the market we went, searching for things...and other things. Hehe. Dang, I can't believe they store it there. Sigh. Thank heavens for Vons. Oh, and the Albertson's near Irvine. We got asked if we were 21 by these little asian guys. They wanted us to buy them alcohol or what not. Psh. Then exiting the market, we get hit on by these two other guys: "Heeeey, what are you girls doing this Friday night?" After we ignored them, they got the point. Hah. I got to have the batter all to myself because someone was anti-batter-licker. Yummay. We had three different sections of cupcakes. Chocolate chips with baked bananas, chocolate chips with bananas, and just plain chocolate chips. Who won? Chocolate chips with bananas, hands down. Watching Win A Date with Tad Hamilton was pretty cute. A friend came to chill and watch with us. Trinitron television = awesome. All in all, a good sleepover, good night.

Saturday. Wow. After selling all those fall quarter books made me want to get out and do a little dance. But I didn't get to do that. I shopped instead. BWAHAHAHA. I bought a horrible amount of things. I am ashamed, yet excited with all my new stuff. Total amount spent, you ask? A horrible amount, like I said. I hope I don't take what I bought for granted. Eh. Laughter about candy and condoms. All in good fun, once more.

Sunday. The Sabbath day. Chill day. Playing with the boys. The little nephews, that is. Sure, they can be the biggest and major pain in the butt, what with their incessant shouting and yelling and unnecessary laughter and crying and hitting and jumping on people and whacking and crawling on floors covered with Juliet's hair and biking and playing with transformer-like vehicles and shooting Nerf darts at people's private areas. But in the end, they can be the greatest company you will ever have. When they left, they came up to me and hugged me, and gave me the cutest kisses on the cheek, saying goodbye. Bye, Tita Marissa! Goodbye, impossible little children. Time with that family makes me feel so special, wanted, loved even. And him, it's unfeasible to go ahead and explain that time spent with him can't even compete with the best time of my life, because everytime I do spend time with him, it is the best time of my life. It's amazing, the way I feel everytime I'm with him. He leaves me speechless most of the time. And I am beyond ecstatic to realize that our eleven months have been nothing short of spectacular.

Fortune cookies we got after dinner:
(his is on top, mine is the bottom one)




And this was on the back:


What are the odds of him getting the word "girlfriend" and me getting the word "boyfriend" the day before our 11 month anniversary? Right now, things are perfect and just meant to be...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my favorite entry BY FAR! haha!
and aww that's cute what you said about karl at the end.