Wednesday, May 14, 2008

addicted to fortune

at Pei Wei Asian Cuisine, I grabbed a handful of fortune cookies. Let's go in depth for each of them, shall we? After all, these are supposedly the words of wisdom that are going to be guiding me for the rest of my life. I'd like to know what's going to be up my alley every once in a while, let alone my future:

1. You will attract cultured and artistic people to your home.
Alright. First off, I have three homes. My familial home, then there's my dorm now, and my future home for next year. Seeing as how the word "will" was used, I'm going to assume my future apartment will be my home. Roommates. There's France Ass, Sammy, and a random roommate. Well I'm guessing we'll be cultured, seeing as how we're pretty much a diverse group. Well, except for France Ass and I. I want to say that artist the fortune is referring to is Sammy, because damn, her sense of fashion is absolutely divine. I hope she allows Frances and I to share clothes. Hah.

2. You are open and honest in your philosophy of love.
Psh, I'd like to hope so. I seriously just crack open my heart every single time I write in these blogs. I don't hide the way I feel about certain people, especially my babe. I think maybe even you are sick of me venting about the overflowing love I have for him. Hah. There are times when I feel like I'm being the most foolish person in the world about love, but then again, that's how it's supposed to feel like. Right? I tell Boyfriend everything, especially how I feel about him. I tell my friends what I think on their somewhat interesting situations on love and relationships. I'm not telling people to take the advice I give them, but to simply just bask in it. It's hard, it's complicated; yet, it can be the most simplest thing in the world.

3. You will take a pleasant journey to a place far away.
Ooh, this one sounds very intriguing. Now, what determines how far a place is? I mean, I think Starbucks is pretty far, and it's only a 2 minute drive from my house. But see, for walking distance, it's a completely different thing. So that part of the fortune is a little bit hazy and vague. Now, let's see. A pleasant journey, it says. Oh oh oh! Maybe they're not even talking about a physical destination; but moreover, a mental and emotional one. Oooh, that's sounds delicious. Maybe sometime in the near future, the path to a place I've been wanting to go to will finally come and be a very happy and fun one. That sounds exciting.

4. Your kindness will lead you to happiness.
Alright, this one I can understand from the get-go. I'm a pretty kind girl. I accept everyone for who they are. But there's a major BUT in this picture. You somehow mess up your life or disrespect me in some anonymous way, my whole view of you changes. Sometimes I don't even want to deal with you anymore. You are your own person and I get that, but sometimes, people have just go to step it up a bit. I don't have drama in my life and I haven't had any in years. It's quite refreshing to know. And so far, this fortune has been right on track.

5. We must always have old memories and young hopes.
Now...this is not even a fortune. I don't know why it was stuffed in my fortune cookie when it doesn't really point me in any direction. Are there such things as young memories? Or old hopes? Yes. Young memories include what I just did a minute ago. But then they soon turn into old memories. Then there are the old hopes; dreams and desires that we had long ago. I could have those too. What a confusing fortune. Somebody needs to be more constructive on their feedback 'cause I'm gettin' nothin' from this one.

1 comment:

j0wwww said...

omg i love you vanilla.!