Wednesday, May 7, 2008

rocking roots

it's times like these that I truly appreciate being filipino. Don't get me wrong, the food is amazing and all, but honestly, that's all I've ever really cared about. Hah. On the other hand, we toast in the sun easily, the language is so hard to comprehend for second generation Fil-Ams, and to top it all off, I can't really stand filipino parties (which is ironic being filipino myself). There's just too much going on; everything single thing has to be cared for with an ounce of perfection.

But then again, there's the entertainment and boy, do filipinos know how to rock the party. They can sing, they can dance, after all miss, this is France. It was just until last night that I came to the realization that dancing is actually something I'm good at. I haven't danced in a long ass time (ahem years ahem) and it felt so good just to learn some good choreography. I pick stuff up easily apparently and it just felt amazing.

That's why I have come to the conclusion of joining a dance team next year; whether it be Common Ground, MCIA, or even Kaba Modern (hah, that's a long shot). So wish me luck, and praise the heavens I can dance. Hah.

No comments: