Thursday, May 22, 2008

thursday blues

and to think the day couldn't get any worse.

I started off today with 2-3 hours of sleep. Now, I don't know about you guys, but most of the time, when I have some sort of deprivation of sleep, I'm in a pretty crappy state of mind the rest of the day. So that's how I woke up. I woke up to the sound of bustling college students, gathering together into the lecture hall, awaiting the curious anticipation of determining the use of chemistry formulas and balancing and equations. My chemistry midterm, folks, was not for the faint of heart. 26 multiple choice questions doesn't seem that bad over a time span of 75 minutes. But I would say a good 90% of the class was still in the lecture hall: squirming in their seats, trying to get every ounce of information they could squeeze out from their chemistry oceanic brains, using up every possible second they could from those 75 minutes. That was not a fun exam at all.

I dragged my feet back to my dorm after the whole Chemistry Massacre and my roommate and I compared answers. I was surprised to discover we had most of the same answers. That put a little weight off my shoulders from the gargantuan of a burden I had today. But it wasn't until my decision to do one load of laundry that this choice brought my day down once more. My purple sweater. My purple sweater totally fucked with my one load of laundry. Of all the days to be less cautious about what I put in a load of laundry, darks, lights, woolens, whatever, today just had to be the day that my purple sweater decided to spread some of its awesome purple dye onto my other articles of light clothing. My crystal clean white AVA shirt now is a light purple tye-dyed miracle. It's pretty cool, but I'd much prefer it to be radiant white. White like Johnny Depp's character Willy Wonka in the remake of the movie. That's how beautifully and blindingly white it was.

I thought things were going pretty well after that, after I had accepted the fates of some of my most precious light colored tees, now dipped in a vat of light purple dye. Sigh. I was getting so close to the end of the day...when I unknowingly dig myself into an even bigger hole. I text my PD (pledge dad) asking whether I have to pay for my date for installs or if he is accounted for in the $20 dinner fee. But I get a text back saying I can't even bring my own date, that my date either has to be a bro of the fraternity or go stag. Once my retinas hit this horrific sight of a text, I hid behind my pillow and started to cry. Really bad. I've been going through so much stress lately and it may be due to the fact of my pre-menstrual cramps (which all of you love to hear about), but it's my boyfriend's birthday. I mean, c'mon. That's just unfair. Unfair to me, unfair to us, but mostly unfair to him. It's like I can't go anywhere without hurting someone.

And I can't help thinking that today was just a day full of disasters. I don't know, maybe I just needed a stranger to show me the way, cast away my problems (and no, I will not answer my problems with alcohol -__-), to help me find the strength to pick myself back up again. I'll talk to God tonight. That sounds like a good plan.

"We'll figure out something..." -Thanks baby. I love you.

I topped off my night with telling the incessant screaming giddy girls outside of my dorm to please keep it down (not my first choice of words, if I might add) and a shut of the door. Cherry and whipped cream, my friends.

No comments: