Wednesday, November 12, 2008

artsy fartsy

during the interview, I thought I'd be more nervous. But it was actually pretty awesome. I look back on that interview and think to myself, I've actually changed in the past years. I've become more confident about myself, more determined. It's a great a feeling. I could skip in the meadows for days. My smiles were endless today. Although the first few hours, no, the minutes right before the actual thing were a bit nerve-wrecking due to a certain someone. -_- Let's just say it takes around 15 minutes to get to the store, and my friend drove 85-90 mph on the freeway, and we made it in 9 minutes. Not only that, We left at 1050am for an 1100am interview. Yeah, that's right. I walked right into the store at 1100 sharp. You could imagine my heart rate.

The store was prepping for the holidays; it all felt so cozy; I felt so at home. Thomas interviewed me on a green couch by the fitting rooms. I don't think I've talked so much in an interview before. But then again, I've only had about 2 of them before this one. We talked about plastic surgery, Albert Hammond, Jr., school, housewares, Robeks, and art in general. Why this store, he asked. I believe that I relate to the vibe of the company's culture and I get where you guys are coming from, expressing individuality and art. I don't just come for the clothes, I come for the overall experience walking through the doors, it's very eclectic. Yii. It was overall a great interview. He asked what department I saw myself working in: women's clothing, women's accessories, men's clothing & accessories, or housewares. He went over the logistics of it all, and I decided I'd fit in with making that one-on-one relationship with the customers by being on the register and taking care of the women's accessories. He went over my availability and said, "here is me making you an offer." And that was it, I nodded at my pay rate, and we shook hands. I finally have a job.

Orientation is next week...MEANING...I get to bring my car. Praise the Lord. Thank you God for employment and paychecks. And not to mention, one of the coolest jobs a girl like me could have. You rule.

I told you I'd be seeing you soon, 40% discounts. Come here, come to momma.

In other news, I think it best to start off a new occupation with an eyebrow wax. Jeez, the brows have not been forgiving. This weekend. Mos def. And maybe a haircut. Don't worry, it won't be extreme (ahem*Brandon*ahem).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh. hahahhaha sorry i was supposed to do your eyebrows. haha ok next time when they grow out again! =)