Thursday, June 19, 2008

case file 03

why is it that parents seem to enjoy making their children's lives as miserable as possible?

I have been everyone's good girl for way too long; way past my due date. I have followed every rule of the house. I have done my share of good grades. And yet somehow, some way, I have nothing in compensation. They don't give me anything. Nothing.

I can't hang out late with my friends and honestly, it just brings tears to my eyes not knowing or even comprehending why they torture me in ways inexplicable. I just don't understand! Why do they do this to me? Do they want me to be miserable? Unsociable, perhaps? They push me to talk to people at the most inappropriate of times and yet, I can't even hang out with my own friends?! Why, I ask, why? Sure, I get that they're concerned that I come back at like 1 in the morning or so, but hello? It's not like I do that every single fucking day. They should be glad I don't do drugs or I'm off having sex with every single guy I meet. They should be glad that I don't go out every single night. They taught me well enough and they should know that. But cut me some slack. Please. I'm back from my first year of college; my first year of true freedom; my first year of not living at home; my first real year of independence.

But I guess I should have known...that I'm back home again. With my parents. And their stupid rules.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seriously.
i feel you.