Sunday, June 29, 2008

numbers game

me: Hey dad, where is Smart & Final?
dad: It's beside Idiot & Midterm.
me: Thanks, dad.

So, I can finally say I accomplished something over the summer. I finished memorizing a piano piece from Pride & Prejudice. Corny? Yes. Magnificent? Yes. Playing it is so fun nevertheless. Boy, I've missed playing so much. I'm in the works of another one as well; it's getting there. Can I play it flawlessly? Of course not, but damn, my fingers playing on those piano keys are pretty smokin'.

My parents and I watched The Girl with Eight Limbs on the History Channel today. My eyes were seriously glued to the telly. I've read stories about it, seen pictures, but getting to know the true story firsthand was, let me tell you, amazing. If you ever scout this show while you're gliding through the guide on your tv, give it a holler.

My brother was trying to teach me how skate his Rip-Stick. Dear heavens, let's just let Marissa stick to skateboarding for now.

On a happier note, America's Best Dance Crew taping on Tuesday; Six Flags on Thursday; and Fourth of July Robeks picnic on Friday. Excited? Yes.

Let's play the numbers game, shall we?

Marissa's Life in a Numerical Nutshell

Number of Pride & Prejudice piano pieces learned: 1.5
Number of limbs Lakshmi had: 8
Number of limbs Lakshmi has now: 4
Number of attempts Ren had to teach me to skate his Rip-Stick: 12
Number of things to look forward to this week: 3

No comments: